Monday, April 21, 2014

Playshop Video

When assigned this play shop assignment I was extremely excited.  I love movies and the idea of having a second grade student create a movie was great.  Though I didn't get to actually work with Sergey to make the movie it was his idea.  Sergey is a huge star wars fan, which was something we have in common.  I am also a huge star wars fan, so this made the experience that much better. 

Sergey told me he wanted a Star Wars movie that involved a surprise ending.  He mentioned that he sees that type of ending in lots of shows.  He wanted to surprise people watching it.  He also wanted there to be space ships and a light saber battle.  This was all easily done since I already had the Star Wars toys at home. 

I embarked on making this movie that Sergey laid out for me.  I filmed it in my kitchen by myself.  It was really fun and great entertainment.  I felt like a kid again myself playing with toys.  I filmed all the scenes using my phone and it was much easier than expected. 

After I finished the movie, I was very proud of how it turned out.  I think that it was a great success.  Sergey was laughing the entire time after I showed him the movie.  He thought it was the greatest thing ever made.  He had to watch it three times.  This is something that is simple and gives students a chance to use their creativity.  Students also get to show off their interests to classmates.  This is something I will use in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment